This creamy, flavorful whipped ricotta dip comes together in just 5 minutes and will win over any crowd. It's the perfect fuss-free party snack that everyone will love!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email and I'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Whipped ricotta dip is a creamy, luscious appetizer loaded with flavor that I love to serve as a party dip. It’s also perfect for family gatherings or simply when you’re looking for some elevated snacking.
You won't believe how easy this is to toss together. Forget store-bought versions — homemade whipped ricotta dip takes just minutes.
All you need is good quality ricotta, some fresh herbs, a drizzle of honey, and a bit of whipping action for its signature light and airy texture.
Every bite is delicate and a real treat for the taste buds — serve it with your favorite crostini, toasted French baguette, or with a selection of veggies for a healthier option.
Why you’ll love this whipped ricotta dip
- It takes about 5 minutes to whip up – perfect for last-minute guests or cravings!
- Fancy enough for parties, but also great for healthy snacking.
- Super versatile – change up the toppings for endless flavor combos.
What you’ll need
Ricotta — Opt for whole milk ricotta for maximum creaminess and the best flavor. Make sure you drain any excess liquid before whipping.
Lemon — Freshly squeezed lemon juice provides a burst of brightness. Start with a small amount and adjust to your taste preferences.
I like to add the lemon zest on top right before serving for an extra flavor boost.
Fresh herbs — I used a mix of fresh rosemary, thyme and basil. You can go for just one of the herbs or experiment with your favorites. Fresh mint is another great option.
Honey — This is optional, but I find honey ricotta dip to be the best of them all! The sweetness of the honey pairs great with the freshness of the herbs and lemon.
How to make ricotta cheese dip
Blend on medium speed for about a minute until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, use a hand mixer to beat everything in a bowl.
Transfer the whipped ricotta to a serving bowl and drizzle the honey on top. Sprinkle the lemon zest, and garnish with extra fresh herbs if you like.
Serve the whipped ricotta with your favorite crostini, crackers, toasted French baguette, or sliced vegetables.
- Ricotta dip can be made ahead of time — simply whip up the ricotta base and store it in the refrigerator up to 2 days beforehand. Top it with fresh herbs and honey right before serving.
- Let the dip sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes before serving for the creamiest experience.
- For a fluffy result, drain off excess liquid from the ricotta before whipping. Place it in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or paper towels over a bowl for a few minutes.
Substitutions and variations
Whipped ricotta is a super customizable dip, and it’s so easy to make it your own by adding some extra ingredients.
Pesto, grated Parmesan, chopped figs, and toasted nuts like almonds or pistachio are all excellent ideas.
You can also swirl in a touch of balsamic glaze or spice it up by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes.
What to serve with honey ricotta dip
- Crusty bread or toasted baguettes
- Pita chips
- Freshly cut vegetables (carrots, cucumber, celery, bell peppers)
- Vegetable chips (kale chips, beet chips, or sweet potato chips)
- Thick-cut potato chips
Leftovers and storage
- Place the ricotta dip in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. The flavor will develop even more as it sits.
- Allow the dip to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
If you liked this whipped ricotta dip recipe, you might also like some of my other easy appetizers:
- Place the ricotta in the bowl of a food processor together with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mixed fresh herbs, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend on medium speed for about a minute until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, use a hand mixer to beat everything in a bowl.
- Transfer the whipped ricotta to a serving bowl and drizzle the honey on top. Sprinkle the lemon zest, and garnish with extra fresh herbs if you like.
- Serve the whipped ricotta with your favorite crostini, crackers, toasted French baguette, or sliced vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.