This sriracha aioli recipe will make your taste buds sing! It’s a flavour-packed spicy, garlicky sauce that’s perfect as a dip for finger foods, shrimp, salads, sandwiches and everything in between. Bonus — it takes just two minutes to make!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email and I'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
If you love tangy sauces that are garlicky and spicy at the same time, this sriracha aioli recipe should be right up your alley.
Made with just five ingredients (and that’s counting the salt), this sriracha lime aioli takes two minutes to make.
That’s because all you have to do is mix all ingredients in a small bowl and then enjoy the best sriracha mayo sauce with all your favourite foods.
Why you’ll love this sriracha aioli recipe
- It’s a very simple dip recipe. There are only five ingredients in this sriracha mayo aioli and you can have a delicious dip ready in two minutes.
- You can make it ahead. Homemade sriracha aioli keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days so it’s a great dip to make ahead of a party.
- It goes with just about anything! From dipping your finger food to using it as a salad dressing, this spicy aioli goes with just about anything. I love it with these air fryer zucchini fries!
Sriracha aioli ingredients
Mayo — I make this spicy aioli with low-fat mayo to keep things light but feel free to use regular mayo if that’s not an issue. Homemade mayo is an excellent option, too.
Depending on the texture of the mayo, you may need to adjust the quantity so the dip has your preferred consistency.
Sriracha — Sriracha is a traditional Southeast Asian sauce hot sauce that’s quite addictive! It has gained rapid popularity in recent years.
The sauce is made from a mix of chilli peppers, vinegar, garlic, salt and sugar, which translates into a tangy sauce with a slight sweetness.
The sauce is not as hot as Tabasco, but it still packs quite a punch. If you don’t have any sriracha, you can substitute it with any other hot sauce.
Ideas include Tabasco, Jamaican jerk sauce, peri-peri sauce and even harissa.
Lime juice — Freshly squeezed lime juice is perfect for this sriracha lime aioli. You can substitute it with lemon juice.
Garlic — It wouldn’t be aioli without fresh garlic. Crushed garlic will give you the best flavour. I don’t recommend using garlic powder in this sauce.
Salt — I find that ¼ teaspoon salt is more than enough for this sauce, but feel free to adjust it to taste. You can skip the salt altogether as the mayo and sriracha already have salt in them.
How to make sriracha aioli sauce
Mix the low-fat mayo with the sriracha sauce in a bowl.
Add the lime juice, garlic and salt and stir to combine.
Taste and adjust the sriracha sauce and salt.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Make it vegan
It’s super easy to make this sriracha aioli vegan.
Simply use your favourite plant-based mayo and make sure the sriracha sauce you use is vegan — most of them are.
How to use homemade sriracha aioli
As mentioned above, this homemade sriracha aioli works with so many things. Here are some ideas:
- Any sandwich you’d put mayo on
- As a burger sauce
- As a dip for any fried or air fried finger foods
- Everything seafood
- French fries
Recipe notes and tips
- Adjust the sriracha/mayo ratio to suit your taste. The two tablespoons used in this recipe make the sauce mild/medium spicy and very family-friendly.
- Add a dash of freshly ground black pepper with the salt if you want.
- If you’re not keen on the garlic, omit it and transform this sauce into a simple sriracha mayo.
- 250 g (1 cup) low-fat mayo (or vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix the low-fat mayo with the sriracha sauce in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, garlic and salt and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust the sriracha sauce and salt.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.