Creamy prawn linguine (linguine con gamberi) is the stuff pasta dreams are made of. Smothered in a creamy garlic sauce with lemon, this prawn and pasta recipe is ideal for date night or simply when you feel like a treat.
Ask any pasta addict what they think about prawn linguine, and they'll tell you to stop talking and give them a fork to dig in.
Called "linguine con gamberi" in Italian, this prawn linguine recipe is for all those moments that only Italian comfort food would do.
I like that this creamy garlic prawn pasta is incredibly tasty but somehow not that rich to make you feel lethargic after you have a bowl (or two).
And the real bonus?
It's ready in 20 minutes.
You heard that right; you can have a delicious, restaurant-worthy pasta dinner on the table in 20 minutes.
Now let's get right down to it and make some gamberi pasta!
Ingredients needed for this creamy prawn linguine
- Linguine — I like to make these creamy garlic prawns with fresh linguine, but you can use the dry variety as well.
- Butter — you can use either salted or unsalted. Don't substitute for anything else as you'll lose all that heavenly creaminess.
- Prawns — go with a medium to large size because you really want to feel that bite with this recipe.
- Dry white wine — any sort will do; I chose to use Sauvignon Blanc here.
- Mixed Italian herbs
- Chilli flakes
- Double (heavy) cream — you can substitute with single cream (hald and half), but expect to lose some of the creaminess.
- Creme fraiche — either full-fat or low-fat works fine
- Grated parmesan
- Juice of half a lemon
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make this creamy garlic prawns recipe?
1. Boil the linguine two minutes less than recommended on the package.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, add the prawns and cook for five minutes until slightly brown.
3. Add the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
4. Add the wine, herbs, and chili flakes and simmer for 5 minutes until the wine evaporates.
5. Stir in the double cream, creme fraiche, and parmesan, cook for another minute until all creamy and bubbly and stir the pasta in.
6. Season to taste, add the lemon juice and parsley and serve immediately.
And that's it! Creamy prawn linguine with a hint of lemon on the table in the time you would scroll on the phone to decide what takeaway to order.
Recipe notes and tips
- You can use any size of prawns in this pasta. I personally like to make it with medium-sized prawns, but small ones are also great because you can then get some with every bite.
- This pasta is best served immediately. It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container, but I wouldn't reccomend it because the taste is just not the same.
- Linguine is the perfect pasta shape for this recipe, but you can also use tagliatelle or even spaghetti.
If you liked this prawn linguine (pasta con gamberi) recipe, check out some of my other quick pasta recipes:
- Boil the linguine two minutes less than recommended on the package.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, add the prawns and cook for five minutes until slightly brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the wine, herbs, and chili flakes and simmer for 5 minutes until the wine evaporates.
- Stir in the double cream, creme fraiche, and parmesan, cook for another minute until all creamy and bubbly and stir the pasta in.
- Season to taste, add the lemon juice and parsley and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 818mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 23g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.