This creamy chicken and bacon pasta is what comfort food dreams are made of! Ready in just over 30 minutes, this creamy chicken pasta is sure to become a family favourite.
Creamy chicken and bacon pasta is a delicious weeknight meal that features everything that’s good in a comfort meal — golden bits of chicken, crispy bacon and a creamy garlic parmesan garlic sauce.
This is just one of those meals that you’ll love from the first bite and won’t be able to stop eating until there’s nothing left in the pan.
It’s also super easy to make in just 30 minutes, so you can enjoy a delicious meal even on the busiest of weeknights.
Why you’ll love this creamy chicken and bacon pasta
- It’s a super comforting yet simple dish. If your family loves chicken and bacon combos, they’ll likely fall in love with this pasta dish.
- It’s a good mix of protein and carbs. The bacon and chicken combo makes this pasta dish loaded with protein.
- Have I mentioned how creamy and utterly delicious it is?
Ingredients and substitutions
Bacon — I used bacon rashers in this recipe, which I cut into strips. Bacon lardons or pancetta are just as good in this chicken bacon pasta.
Butter — Cooking the chicken in a bit of butter sets up a creamy, delicious base for this pasta dish.
Chicken — Use lean chicken breast cut into strips or bite-sized pieces. You want to cook the chicken until golden for the best flavour.
Garlic — Freshly chopped garlic is best in this recipe, but you can substitute it with garlic powder if needed.
Red chilli flakes — Only add a pinch of red chilli flakes for flavour.
Single cream (half and half) — I keep things on the lighter side with single cream (half and half) instead of double cream (heavy cream). Use whichever you like; the sauce will still be super creamy.
How to make chicken bacon pasta
Bring a large pot of pasta to a boil, salt it and cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package.
Add the butter to the pan, wait for it to melt, then add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden.
Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens a bit, then transfer the cooked pasta to the pan. Toss well, then stir in the bacon and grated Parmesan.
Season to taste and serve immediately, with some extra Parmesan on top if you like.
Leftovers and storage
- This creamy chicken and bacon pasta is best served immediately. If you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the pasta in the microwave; if it looks too thick, add a little water or chicken stock.
- I don’t recommend freezing creamy pasta dishes like this.
Recipe notes and tips
- Remember to salt your pasta water but don’t go overboard because the bacon and Parmesan also have salt.
- You can add other some extras to this chicken and bacon pasta — ideas include baby spinach, capers and sundried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley on individual bowls before serving if you like.
If you liked this creamy chicken and bacon pasta, you might also like some of my other easy creamy pasta recipes:
- Creamy Rasta Pasta Recipe
- Creamy Tomato Spinach Pasta
- Easy Creamy Spicy Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Zucchini Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Marsala Pasta
- 300 g (10.5 oz) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g (7 oz) bacon rashers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) butter
- 450 g (1 lb) chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 250 ml (1 cup) single cream (half and half)
- 50 g (⅓ cup) Parmesan, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of pasta to a boil, salt it and cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan or Dutch oven and fry the bacon over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until slightly crispy. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan, wait for it to melt, then add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the red chilli flakes, Italian seasoning mix and cream.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens a bit, then transfer the cooked pasta to the pan. Toss well, then stir in the bacon and grated parmesan.
- Season to taste and serve immediately, with some extra Parmesan on top if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 876mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.